We are pleased to announce the Opening of our eighth market in Manhattan s newest neighborhood, Hudson Yards, located on West 30th and 10th Avenue, convenient to the 7-train line.
Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality, and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries.
Citarella is looking for passionate and talented Cooks to join our Hudson Yard team
Citarella, The Ultimate Gourmet Market, is seeking Catering Cooks to join our growing team! We are seeking individuals whose interest and passion for cooking is as unparalleled as our commitment to superb customer service and quality food.
Our Catering Production Cooks are responsible for the production and creative presentation of our elegant catering platters. This role maintains our eye-catching product displays while supporting the Citarella vision. As a member of the Catering Production Team, this role will perform all functions related to the maintenance, preparation, production, and brand-proper presentation of the catering platters.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a high volume catering production role
- Experience with high quality food production and fundamental cooking techniques
- Ability to execute high quality, high volume, large batch production recipes
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Excellent understanding of health, safety, and sanitation standards
- Strong knife skills and food handling experience
- Ability to work both independently as well as with a team
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a safe manner in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position including standing and walking for extended periods of time; working in refrigerated work areas as needed; kneeling, stooping, using stairs, lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, pushing/pulling loads of up to 50 pounds
Overview of Responsibilities
- Responsible for producing foods for catering service according to daily prep sheet. Finishes catering orders including garnishing and packaging in an organized fashion
- Ensure that food quality, quantity, freshness, and presentation meet all Citarella standards
- Ensure all prepared items are labeled, dated, initialed, covered, and rotated.
- Document waste and spoilage using appropriate forms, and meet all spoilage targets.
- Minimize waste through proper cutting techniques and utilization of excess product.
- Ensure that production is done using correct measuring devices, and all recipes are accurately followed
- Monitor food loss and maintain spoilage sheets.
- Maintain department cleanliness and organization, adhere to safe work practices, and follow all food safety and sanitation standards
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including weights and measures
- Proper equipment handling of knives and all other equipment.
IN RETURN, WE OFFER!
Competitive Wages, Medical/Dental /Vision, life insurance benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Discounts, Paid Time Off, 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Associated topics: baking, banquet, cocinero de la preparacion, diner, grill, lunch, meat cutter, persona de parilla, restaurant assistant cook, roasting